Thank you for your interest in working for FileCatalyst. We’re always looking to recruit the best talent, so please feel free to send us your resume.
Software Developer (Cloud/Integration Specialist)
About the Position
FileCatalyst is looking for a fast-learning, technical-minded, and detail-oriented software developer to join our ISV and Cloud team as a Cloud/Integration Specialist. Our flagship product suite consists of a high-speed file transfer server with multiple front end client applications (both stand-alone and web-based) which maximize bandwidth usage on existing networks, and is unaffected by latency and packet loss. The ideal candidate will ramp up quickly on our technology, integrations and cloud services, and take ownership of assigned tasks and run with them. Strong communication skills are a must, as is a solid software development, networking and general technology background.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Cloud Services
- Assist ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) with integrating FileCatalyst into their product. This will involve understanding their products, researching which tools within the FileCatalyst suite best meet their needs, and providing API support or writing sample code where required.
- Maintain FileCatalyst VM Images for various supported Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc…)
- Create new FileCatalyst VM Images for new cloud providers
- Demo FileCatalyst software to potential ISVs
- Document FileCatalyst integrations and what components were used.
- Develop test cases within the appropriate FileCatalyst products to be run in a continuous integration test framework
- Assist the sales team with demos of ISV integrations when required
- Develop/Maintain support for new and existing Object Storages within FileCatalyst.
- Take home grown integrations from inception to products (with proper requirements, implementation, documentation, test cases, build scripts etc).
- Completion of university degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years relevant work experience (tech support experience is also an asset)
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues and identifying root causes
- Knowledge of networking (TCP, UDP, HTTP, ports, firewalls, bandwidth, latency, packet loss)
- Multi-platform experience (particularly Windows, MacOSX, Linux/UNIX, iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of virtualization (e.g. HYPER-V, VMWare, VirtualBox), including maintaining and configuring virtual machines
- Experience with defect tracking (e.g. BugZilla, Jira) and Support portals (Kayako)
- Experience with writing requirement documents.
- Excellent programming skills
- 3-5 year Java/web development
- Has experience developing in Python
- Excellent knowledge of Eclipse IDE or Netbeans.
- Excellent Linux, Windows and Mac OS.
- Knowledge of VM setup, configuration, etc….
- Knowledge of Cloud systems (e.g. Amazon EC2, MS Azure, OpenStack Swift)
- Understands and has worked with Object Storage.
- Has provided 2nd-3rd level support for an enterprise product.
- Understand security and how to set up SSL on web/application servers.
- Has worked with Git (has at least 3 projects on Git)
- Has OS level scripting (e.g. Batch, Shell Script, Apple Script)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL), database management tools (e.g. PhpMyAdmin), and SQL
- Web servers (e.g. Grizzly, Tomcat, IIS)
- Excellent written and communication skills
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of C++, php, C#
- Knowledge of mobile development languages (ObjectiveC, Swift, Android)
- Fluent in French and/or Spanish language
Applicants must clearly identify (using specific examples from past experience) how all requirements are met.
Term:Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Salary:TBD, commensurate with experience
Benefits:Dental, life, medical, prescription benefits, 3 weeks vacation
Location:1725 St-Laurent Blvd. Ottawa, Ontario
How to Apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
If you meet the requirements listed above, please email a copy of your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to ISVDeveloperposition@filecatalyst.com with the subject line “Cloud/Integration Specialist”. Applicants are also recommended to submit a cover letter.