FileCatalyst Workflow is web portal for all your file transfer needs. It simplifies file exchange and boosts productivity by streamlining submission, distribution, and file sharing workflows on the web. By integrating directly into your corporate infrastructure, FileCatalyst Workflow makes receiving files easy by acting as an online file submission inbox for anyone outside of your network submitting files into your organizational workflows. FileCatalyst Workflow also turns file distribution via email into a simple task by enabling users to securely send files to any email address.
FileCatalyst Workflow combines three powerful web-based managed file transfer workflows: submission, distribution, and online folders.
Used for “distribution”, FileCatalyst Workflow solves the problems of file transfer size and speed by acting as a middle-man for the file transfer process. Files are sent to the FileCatalyst Server with acceleration and management, and then recipients receive an email for downloading the files (also with acceleration and management).
Used for “submission”, FileCatalyst Workflow creates a web portal for uploading files and also collects any information (meta-data) needed to process those files (for example, processing instructions or quantity of goods ordered). Files and meta-data combined are called a “job”. Jobs may go through any number of phases while being tracked through the system until finally reaching the completed state.
With FileCatalyst Workflow as the central storage location for one or more “web folders”, users have remote access to shared or personal files from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Both upload and download are supported, and sharing can be at individual account or group levels. Group folders along with read/write permissions can be assigned to any number of users.
- Put an End to Lost and Forgotten Files: When files are sent ad-hoc via email, FTP, or physical media they can go missing, with zero tracking or accountability. Adding FileCatalyst Workflow to a website gives you the ability to immediately insert files into your workflow and track the delivery of these files and their progress throughout your organization to ensure no files get left behind.
- Access Files From Anywhere: Access files in FileCatalyst Workflow’s online file areas anywhere through the web interface, with support for every major OS and browser. These file areas can be set up on an individual or group level, for sharing and working on files in a team setting.
- Distribute Files to email: FileCatalyst Workflow allows users to send files of any size securely to any email address.
- Quickly create web portals to receive large files. File submission portals can require a login or just simply be "anonymous" drop boxes.
- No End User Software Installation: End users may exchange files via FileCatalyst Workflow without downloading or installing any software on their machines - all that is required is an Internet connection and a web-browser. This also eliminates any network issues which frequently arise when using FTP, such as firewall or proxy servers blocking the data transfers.
- Integrate into your existing IT infrastructure. FileCatalyst Workflow offers flexible deployment on almost any operating system and/or virtual server. Integration With LDAP, Active Directory, SSO, SecureAuth, 3rd party FTP servers, Anti-Virus and many others is available out-of-the-box.
- Fine Tune IT Administration Settings: Manage FileCatalyst Workflow with a web-based administration console and varying administrator privilege levels from basic account management to super administrator status. IT administrators can also grant specific privileges to user accounts and groups, automate user management, enable real time tracking and auditing of transfers, set IP-based user permissions, and more.
- Customize to match corporate identity: All user-facing aspects of FileCatalyst Workflow are customizable to match corporate brand guidelines. Customize the web portal and messaging from the administrator interface to match your corporate look and feel.
- Upload files from your smartphone: Quickly submit files via your smartphone, with FileCatalyst apps available on iOS and Android devices.
FileCatalyst Workflow is software-only, you can download and install it on your own server. Like all FileCatalyst solutions, FileCatalyst Workflow integrates seamlessly with all other products in the FileCatalyst suite.
FileCatalyst Workflow's software-only approach allows IT administrators to download and install the application on their own infrastructure. FileCatalyst Workflow is platform-independent and can be deployed on any recent Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX or virtually any other platform that has an official Sun Java 7 run-time. The use of server virtualization technologies (VMware, Virtual Box etc.) is supported and welcomed. Ability to run a hot stand-by instance in case of a disaster is also possible. Licensing is available as a perpetual one-time fee or as an annual lease.
- Multi-core CPU with minimum of 2 cores (virtualization is supported)
- 6GB RAM or more
- 80 GB of disk space
- Server Operating system: Windows 2003 or higher, Unix, Linux, Solaris, OSX
For a complete list of requirements click here.
FileCatalyst Workflow add-ons allow you to further customize the functionality to your organization's needs. Save more by only selecting the features you need.
File Transfer Acceleration
Transfer big data and all large format files at full line speed, regardless of file size or format, to save time, share information and collaborate faster than ever before by adding FileCatalyst Direct to your deployment.
Scheduling and Automation
Schedule and execute file transfers and bandwidth usage automatically, based on a user's preferences within FileCatalyst Workflow with the FileCatalyst HotFolder application. FileCatalyst HotFolder allows users to set up automated tasks of any level of complexity, and to automatically submit files into an organization's workflow or upload and download from online file areas.
Using Java API or RESTful services you can create new jobs to programmatically send files to any email address or manage users, jobs or groups.