Join our Emmy® award winning team
FileCatalyst is a leading accelerated file transfer solution platform with more than 1,000 clients and a user base of over 1 million. With headquarters in Ottawa Canada, FileCatalyst continues it’s growth by placing strong importance on open communication, professional development and opportunity for advancement to create a workplace dedicated to employee success.
As a fast paced and challenging yet rewarding workplace, FileCatalyst remains at the forefront of technological advancements in accelerated file transfer. By seeking talented individuals with a passion for cutting edge technology to excel in their area of expertise.
Interested in joining the FileCatalyst team? FileCatalyst offers employees the following:
- A fun and social work environment.
- A talented workforce, with a strong focus on professional development.
- Fast-paced atmosphere with priorities guided by our corporate values.
- Teamwork setting, led by our dedicated leadership team.
- Comprehensive health benefits package and a competitive salary.
About the Position
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on cross-platform, responsive (mobile-ready) solutions
- Develop data interchange models in JSON for use with back-end technologies
- Design beautiful and intuitive user interfaces
- Create unit and integration tests for new features
- Provide assistance to the verification team
- Provide 3rd-level support and code fixes for tickets related to HTML products
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- Completion of University degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or a proven track record and portfolio in front-end development
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of data interchange methods and technologies (REST over XHR, JSON models over websockets)
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
ADDITIONAL SKILL SET
- Back-end web technologies (Python, Ruby, Node.js)
- Understanding of legacy technologies for maintenance, and current technologies for current best practices
- Node.js experience, particularly as it relates to build tools (GRUNT, Gulp, NPM)
- Knowledge of computer networking (TCP, UDP, firewalls, NAT, network latency, FTP, FTPS, SFTP)
NICE TO HAVE SKILL SET
- JAVA software development experience (Java SE).
- Previous experience working for a small/medium software development firm
Term: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: TBD, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Dental, life, medical, prescription benefits, 3 weeks vacation
Location: 1725 St-Laurent Blvd. Ottawa, Ontario
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with Web Developer Position in the subject line. We thank all who apply however only candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
About the Position
FileCatalyst Software is looking for a Customer Support Engineer that can operate in a dynamic team environment. We are presently searching for a member to join our Customer Services Team. This individual will provide 1st & 2nd Level Support by interacting with Support chats, emails and phone calls. This individual would, in addition, assist in pre-sales technical support requests. We would like the candidate to grow with our company and there will be opportunities to advance. Strong communication skills are imperative in this position as you will be our first point of contact for our clients.
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier support to clients via Support tickets, phone and live chat
- Work with our online support CRM (Kayako) – Tickets, Users and Knowledge Base Articles
- Experience with Hyper-V, PuTTY, SCP and RDP to replicate user environments
- Provide technical solutions, fixes, updates and workarounds on Support Tickets
- Provide remote assistance to customers with GoToMeeting and TeamViewer
- Create, update and edit software bugs in Bugzilla
- Escalate Support Tickets to Development/QA Teams and provide follow-up
- Write, maintain Knowledge Base Articles and other technical documentation
- Identify and troubleshoot software and environmental issues and eliminating instabilities
- Replicate customer issues in a test environment with high accuracy and verify resolutions prior to providing software fixes to clients
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an IT Help Desk environment
- Post-Secondary education and related IT professional experience
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills with strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate experience with various operating systems such as Windows, Linux and MacOSX
- Knowledge of networking (TCP, UDP, HTTP, ports, bandwidth, latency, packet loss)
- Knowledge of Web and FTP Servers, Apache, Tomcat and Firewalls
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute projects/tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Term: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary: TBD, commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Dental, life, medical and more.
- Location: 1725 St-Laurent Blvd. Ottawa, Ontario
How to Apply
- If you meet the requirements listed above, please email a copy of your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Junior Customer Support Engineer”.
- Should you be selected for an interview an examination will be administered prior to your meeting.