Thank you for your interest in working for FileCatalyst. We're always looking to recruit the best talent, so please feel free to send us your resume.
Channel Sales Engineer
FileCatalyst, an Emmy® award-winning pioneer in managed file transfers and a world leading accelerated file transfer solution, is looking for a fast-learning, technical-minded, and detail-oriented software professional to support the worldwide network of indirect channel partners. FileCatalyst accelerated file transfer solutions maximize bandwidth usage on existing networks and are unaffected by latency and packet loss. Our global customers can be found in every vertical market including media/broadcast, oil & gas, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, gaming, etc.
FileCatalyst is seeking an indirect channel sales engineer with expert communication skills and deep knowledge in the areas of application software, Unix/Windows/Mac administration, and IP networks. The position will provide FileCatalyst’s worldwide network of reseller channels with pre-sales technical support, solution architecture, software integration assistance The role is critically important to deployment success as the channel partners' primary pre-sales technical contact.
- Assist the VP of Business Development & Marketing in building and driving a strategy that ensures that FileCatalyst is the preferred file and management transfer platform.
- Demonstrate FileCatalyst's transport technology and product solution set to channel partners and joint end-users through web, onsite, and trade show meetings.
- In collaboration with marketing, create and communicate analyses of competitive differentiation.
- Troubleshoot issues in the evaluation and POC deployment of FileCatalyst software networking, OS, file system and user management issues.
- Train / certify channel partners in the product architecture, configuration, and use of FileCatalyst software on UNIX/Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X systems.
- Systematically track product deficiencies and feedback requirements to the technical marketing and development team.
- Recommend appropriate FileCatalyst software product and services designed to help partners/customers achieve their objectives.
- Work with other technical support and product development engineers to provide technically accurate and compelling product information and demonstrations.
- Understand the technical requirements of FileCatalyst’s technology partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Gain mind share with channel partners across all functional groups and work with engineering teams to create first-class integrated products.
- The position may require international travel in support of the channel partners at various overseas trade shows.
- The Secondary role of this position is to provide backup for the post-sales technical support team.
- Willing to work later into the evenings or early mornings as required, to handle any pre-sales support calls that arise in India, Middle East or Far East.
Skills Required Include:
- Strong Windows, Unix and Mac OS X system administration / User management
- Skilled at general network configuration and troubleshooting, OS configuration and troubleshooting, IP addressing and basic routing/firewall operation. Including network and port translation, IP packet capture techniques, and shell scripting.
- Basic web server and database server administration
- High-availability design and clustered system configuration
- Understanding of security, authentication, and configuration of SSH/SSL.
- Ability to rapidly narrow down software bugs in complex customer environments.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, including explaining complex technology accurately and vividly to non-technical customers.
- Ability to thrive in a self-starter, non-hierarchical structure including independently initiating and executing work in varied areas.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Additional language skills (Japanese, Chinese Mandarin, Spanish) are considered an asset
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent Familiarity with Software and media/broadcast, life sciences, and oil & gas sectors are a strong plus. 3-5 Years of professional experience in software development or software systems implementation. A desire to create a lasting, high-quality software platform that truly revolutionizes network data delivery.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Channel Sales Engineer Position in the subject line. We thank all who apply however only candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.