Ooyala helps deliver content that connects. A US-based subsidiary of the global telecommunications and IT services company Telstra, Ooyala’s comprehensive suite of offerings includes one of the world’s largest premium video platforms, a leading ad service and programmatic platform, and media logistics solutions to improve video production workflows. Built with superior analytics capabilities for advanced business intelligence and a strong commitment to customer success, Ooyala’s industry-leading end-to-end solutions help large-scale broadcasters, operators, media companies, enterprises, and brands build more engaged and more profitable audiences, as well as monetize video and TV with personalized, interactive experiences across any screen. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Ooyala has offices in New York, Dallas, London, Chennai, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore, Cologne, Madrid, Paris, and Guadalajara, with sales operations in many other countries across the globe. To accelerate these slow file transfer speeds, Ooyala has integrated FileCatalyst TransferAgent into Ooyala Flex.
Content creators in the past have had to work with a variety of pre-production, production, post-production, and distribution processes that were disjointed, making them difficult to maintain and manage as a unified whole. Ooyala Flex integrates all of these silos into one platform, providing visibility and control over assets across the entire workflow. Ooyala Flex also provides automation for tasks based on the data collected throughout every stage. Ooyala Flex has changed the way creators produce, distribute, and learn from created content.
Ooyala Flex typically transferred files across the WAN using the HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). Both of these protocols fall short when latency and packet loss is present on the network. This creates file transfer bottlenecks and slow delivery times.
To accelerate these slow file transfer speeds, Ooyala has integrated FileCatalyst TransferAgent into Ooyala Flex. FileCatalyst TransferAgent performs these file transfers via the User Datagram Protocol (UDP). UDP doesn't suffer the same effects of packet loss and latency, allowing the file to travel across the WAN at full line speed. This integration has exponentially accelerated the speed of every Ooyala Flex file transfer performed by FileCatalyst TransferAgent. This results in shorter wait times and a boost in overall efficiency across the workflow.
The Ooyala Flex FileCatalyst integration can provide substantial benefits for a number of use cases including, but not limited to:
- Large multi-national post-production houses with offices spanning multiple countries and continents. The integration can accelerate globally dispersed transfers, resulting in much shorter delivery times.
- International broadcasters that provide content to a network of worldwide syndication partners. Be it a transcoded piece of footage or raw content, FileCatalyst can deliver the file at speeds hundreds of times faster than traditional methods.
- Exponentially increased transfer speeds for all transfers using FileCatalyst TransferAgent
- Shorter delivery times, resulting in faster turnarounds for deliverables
- Immediately gain access to assets regardless of its storage location. Be it on-premise, cloud, or hybrid, the FileCatalyst Ooyala Flex integration will move files at unprecedented speeds.
- Distribute your finished projects at record speeds.
- Maintain the integrity of every asset with byte-by-byte MD5 checksums.
- Seamlessly and quickly move files across production facilities, post-production houses, and visual effect facilities.