FileCatalyst Webmail and Workflow have had a new major upgrade, bringing our ground breaking web applications up to version 4.4
Our new Outlook™ Plugin for FileCatalyst Webmail is now officially released. The plugin integrates directly into Outlook for Windows, allowing people to send large files without leaving their email client. Transfers are still tracked by the Webmail application as before; the only difference is the mechanism for initiating the transfer. Click the image to see full-size.
Here are some of the other key features and improvements:
- Ability to automatically create XML file containing all the Job details in Workflow.
- Java API, ability to submit jobs programatically from any third party Java Application
- Temporary accounts, designated users can now “invite others” to the system, this triggers an invitation sent via email and the new account is set to automatically expire after a predefined number of days.
- Ability to specify when a User Account expires. Once expired, the user will no longer be able to login to the application.
- Automatic deletion of expired user accounts (for both temp and regular users)
- New user status added – “File Area only no job entry”, when a user is in this status they will not have the ability to submit jobs. Only access to file area and group folders will be available to the user.
- Added Database Connection Pooling
- Return first order form found for the user instead of default order form for HotFolder/Plugin/API submissions.
- Capture FTP logs when uploading links, PDF and XML files
- In case of error during upload of PDF, XML or file links, added wait and retry functionality
- In Webmail, simplified the download links sent to the recipients, new links look like: https://myserver.demo/GET/JOBID this helps to by-pass some phishing/SPAM filters
- Improved logging when re-ordering a job
- New filter on user list, allows admins to filter the user list by user status, full access, job entry only, temp user, admin etc…
- Fix installers to work with Windows7 and 64 bit systems.
- Improved performance of many SQL database calls
For download and install instructions, please contact your FileCatalyst representative. For more information about these products, visit https://www.filecatalyst.com/products/
We recommend that all clients upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible.