Files2U is a FREE web portal that allows you to send large files to anyone with an email address. It removes the stress of size restriction with email attachments and slow FTP connections. Files2U is powered through file transfer acceleration technology made by FileCatalyst.com. During this challenging time, FileCatalyst has increased the file sending limit to 40 files per user account (6GB total). We will also hold onto your files for an extended time period of 72 hours, this will provide your downloaders with more time to access the transferred files.
How It Works For Senders
- Fills out a form, specifying their own contact information, recipient email address(es) and optional text message.
- Clicks “Upload Files”.
- Selects files to upload and clicks on Upload Files button to start the file transfer process. Up-to 40 files taking up-to 6GB in total can be sent at once. To send more files, another transaction will have to be created.
- Optionally installs FileCatalyst TransferAgent file transfer acceleration app or just simply uses the basic HTML upload.
- Receives email notifications after the file(s) are sent and also after recipients download the files.
Note: Files will be maintained on the server for 72 hours before being automatically deleted.
How It Works For Receivers
- Gets an email with a link containing the tracking number indicating that a file package is waiting for download.
- Clicks on the link to the download page and enters the PIN provided in the email.
- Optionally installs FileCatalyst TransferAgent file transfer acceleration app or just simply uses HTTP links to download the files.
Once the files have been downloaded, the original sender is notified via email that the transaction is complete.