Making The Transition from FTP to FileCatalyst
Sometimes, it can be difficult for an enterprise to make organization-wide changes that will impact business-critical tasks. When using traditional file transfer technologies, such as FTP or HTTP, making the transition to a file transfer acceleration solution such as FileCatalyst can bring significant benefits and greatly boost productivity and efficiency.
What & How
FileCatalyst Co-Founder and President John Tkaczewski shows viewers how easy it can be to make the transition to FIleCatalyst, as well as outline the many benefits to be gained from making the switch. Since FileCatalyst doubles as n FTP, FTPS, and SFTP server, has LDAP and Active Directory integration, uses virtual folders, and allows for scripting via a command line client, the transition can be a seamless and easy process.
He gives an in-depth description of a common deployment of our client and server applications, and how they can be used to accelerate automate, synchronize, and schedule file transfers using FileCatalyst’s proprietary UDP-based protocol.
This is a great webinar for admins and end users performing the following tasks on a regular basis:
- Current FTP/FTPS/SFTP end users and server admins
- Transferring files larger than 500MB
- Receiving or sending files internationally
- Available bandwidth of 10Mbps or greater
- File delivery or SLA’s that require guaranteed file deliveries
- Transferring multiple versions of the file (file deltas)
- Moving data for disaster recovery
- Working with, and transferring growing files